I’m not yet moving to Florida but by the time you read this I’ll be in Florida, for a whole week of basking in the sun and hanging out with the hubby! I can’t believe we haven’t seen each other since January already. Time just flies!
These are some of the things I packed which will come in handy:
- my passport
- a book to read (The Karaoke World of Cortous Haire by Bjorn Turmann) on those endless hours waiting for connection flights,
- a pair of sandals (from Primark)
- some American money cash (a few Benjamins and other assorted presidents will keep me good company)
- my mini Holga camera along with some (expired) film,
- a versatile scarf (from New Look)
- a bikini (from H&M, from many years ago)
- a sailor themed dress (from Mod Dolly)
I should have some access to the internet while I am there but I don’t know if I will have time or patience to update the blog while I am gone. It’s far more important to make the most of the little time we have together than to spend it in front of the computer (and a holiday wouldn’t be a holiday if I was still working, right?).
I may update Instagram every so often, you can follow it here.
Anyways, I will be stocking up on photos, stories and hopefully some thrifted finds (apparently there’s a huge Salvation Army close to where he lives) to write posts with for a whole month. See you later!
For more fun photos of South Miami Beach retirees from the 80’s go here.