Uncategorized

Skin Chemists – Bee and Snake Venom anti-ageing products

April 8, 2014

Venoms seem to be one of the latest crazes in the beauty industry when it comes to dealing with ageing. The first time I’ve ever heard of using snake venom as a youth preservative, was in a Vice Magazine documentary, of all places. If you are not too impressionable at the sight of reptiles, I recommend watching it, it’s bizarre, mind blowing and interesting, all at once.

I was sent a couple of samples by Skin Chemists of anti wrinkle products, made of bee and snake venom. I mean, I would never do anything extreme such as cosmetic surgery to keep my skin looking youthful, but if you have a good cream or product, I’ll try it, thank you very much.

I tried the Bee Venom Mask and the Snake Venom Wrinkle Killer Serum. I can’t really say which one did what, as I used both at the same time but I enjoyed the softness it left on my skin right after applying. I wasn’t expecting miracles, and the reality is that my face is still sagging (I’m pushing 40 here, remember?) but I did notice a slight improvement on some of my wrinkles – you know, the ones you get from smiling? So yeah, I’ll either stop smiling or try nice products that will help smooth out those pesky wrinkles. I’ll go for the latter.

The prices on the website can look a little bit scary but there are promotions going regularly that make the Skin chemists products a lot more affordable. In case you are wondering, these products are suitable for vegetarians and are not tested on animals. They are not really milking snakes or bees to make them, only synthesizing the chemical compounds that can be found on the products excreted by both bees and snakes.

I was sent these samples for consideration only, opinion expressed are my own.

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

• Reply Rachel April 8, 2014 at 11:44

I am totally fascinated by products which have Bee Venom and Snake Venom in them. I have also tried a Bee Venom mask and loved it x

• Reply Kizzy @ The Dainty Dolls House April 9, 2014 at 10:51

These sound very interesting, never tried anything like this before. Thankfully the snakes don’t come with it, haha 😉 xx

• Reply Vix April 9, 2014 at 11:08

I’m glad you said that they were synthetic. I’ve seen that snail stuff in Holland and Barrett and that doesn’t appeal at all. Love to know how you get on with them. x

• Reply Welcome to beautytipsforgirls.in April 13, 2014 at 23:15

[…] […]

• Reply lisse skin anti aging April 12, 2015 at 12:28

Good response in return of this query with genuine arguments and telling all regarding that.

• Reply converse platform basse nere April 26, 2015 at 07:49

An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a coworker who has been conducting
    a little homework on this. And he actually bought me breakfast
    because I discovered it for him… lol. So allow me to reword this….
    Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending some time to talk about this issue here on your blog.

• Reply design shirt April 30, 2015 at 02:37

Thanks for a marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it, you can be a great author.I will make certain to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back someday.
    I want to encourage you to continue your great job, have a nice
    evening!