Uncategorized

The Red Lips of the Octopus, from the Amsterdam Notebook of Aleister Crowley

May 29, 2014

IMG_9423 copy

The red lips of the octopus

Are more than myriad stars of night.

The great beast writhes in fiercer form than thirsty stallions amorous

I would they clung to me and stung. I would they quenched me with delight.

The red lips of the octopus.

They reek with poison of the sea

Scarlet and hot and languorous

My skin drinks in their slaver warm, my sweats his wrapt embrace excite

The heavy sea rolls languishly o’er the ensanguined kiss of us.

We strain and strive, we die for love. We linger in the lusty fight

We agonize; our club becomes more cruel and more murderous.

My passion splashes out at last. Ah! with what ecstasy I bite

The red lips of the octopus.

Since I want to do a bit more illustration here and there, and play more with my creative side, I should start posting little snippets and drawings more often. How do you like this idea?

You Might Also Like

7 Comments

• Reply Ella May 29, 2014 at 07:09

Yes a great idea! This is wonderful! 🙂

• Reply PinkCheetahVintage May 29, 2014 at 13:15

I love this.

Also, I am trying to find a good red lipstick. I’ve tried some cheap stains and mattes and they’ve been awful 🙁

• Reply ollieotson May 29, 2014 at 17:10

love this idea!

• Reply Lynsay - Miss West End Girl May 29, 2014 at 21:13

Yes! Love this! Not only the artwork (which is awesome), but the fact that you’re featuring Crowley too. Very cool x

• Reply KizzyDoll May 30, 2014 at 10:01

I love it, so beautiful. I think it’s perfect & I’d like to see them as often as you do them. Here and there, so you don’t get strained for ideas, but I love it!! Super super :)))) x

• Reply 6 Literary Turds (Written By Your Favorite Authors) – Perfect Hour July 14, 2016 at 23:31

[…] Like any proper goth, the “Great Beast” was once a romantic young student. After a love affair with a female impersonator ended in a bad breakup, Crowley, with no Smiths records or tubs of Ben and Jerry’s at his disposal, turned to the written word to ease his pain. This is where his life turned decidedly My Chemical Romance. Titles include Love me or leave me, Your love is light, and I, who am dying for thy kiss. There’s even a tome comparing his love to an octopus: […]

• Reply 6 Literary Turds (Written By Your Favorite Authors) | | Anniversary Diamond Rings For Her September 20, 2016 at 22:34