We all understand the importance of keeping your hair tidy and well kept. It makes you look sharp and feel confident when you are in the crowd. When your hair is not in a good style or shape, people will notice in just seconds upon meeting you, and this can create a bad impression about you. Whether you are preparing for a job interview, a date, event or you just want to stand out, which applies to everyone, it is important to ensure your hair is well cut and styled. Hair grooming mistakes whether small or big can ruin your image. While hair grows back giving you the opportunity to undo the mess, you may never get another chance to change the first impression. Certainly, it is likely you will make such mistakes if you don’t have the right tools in your hands.
To avoid instances where your hair becomes the centre of negative attention, it is wise to invest in a quality hair clipper or a trimmer to groom your hair from home. This not only keeps you attractive at all times but also saves you from the expensive regular trips to the barber. However, the market is flooded with different brands of clippers and choosing the right one can be confusing, especially if you are a first timer. This guide breaks down the important factors you need to consider when buying a professional hair clipper or trimmer.
What Qualifies A Good Hair Clipper?
Clippers are not made equal in terms of quality, power, functions and accessories. It is important to evaluate the features and the price of a given clipper against your needs and budget before you settle on one. Fortunately, we have a variety of quality clippers that can accommodate your
needs at a pocket-friendly price. If you are planning to get an excellent clipper model, you can find one in the range of £10 and £50, but if you have the finances you can get more advanced features and special accessories with the £100 – £150 range. Whatever your budget or the brand,
some few things matter. Here are some of the features that you need to check before you purchase a hair clipper:
1. The Clipper Motor – The motor is the ‘engine’ that powers the clipper and arguably the most important part of the gadget. It does most of the task, making it prone to extensive wear and tear. Majority of the clippers in the market today have one of the 3 popular types of motors which will help achieve the same goal but are unique in some way.
- Rotary Motor – Rotary clippers are slower than other types but the most powerful of the three types and suitable for cutting thick and wet hair as well as bulk cutting. If you are looking for a professional clipper, one that runs on a rotary motor can be the best option but of course, you will pay more for the extra power and quality.
- Pivot Motor – If you are looking for a less expensive but powerful clippers, one with a pivot motor can be a good fit. Though not as powerful as rotary motor, the pivot motor can cut through thick hair with moderate friction, noise and overheating. It is also lighter than the magnetic motor which makes it convenient for use.
- Magnetic Motors – If you are looking for a budget clipper without paying too much attention to power, weight and noise, one with a magnetic motor will work for you. These models are the least expensive, faster but less powerful than the rest. They are also louder and produces a lot of friction especially when cutting thick hair.
2. Corded or Without Cord – Some users may appreciate the convenience that comes with cordless clipper models as it is easily portable and doesn’t restrain you to work near the power outlet. It is easy to use without the cord getting into your way. Most of them work on rechargeable batteries and can operate for hours when fully charged. On the other hand, corded clippers are preferred as you don’t have to worry about battery life. They are most suitable for professional barbers or a bigger family.
3. The Clipper Blades – Hair clippers are definitely more cost-effective than disposable razors. To add on this benefit modern electric trimmers come with self-sharpening blades eliminating the need for blade replacements. These blades are made of stainless steel which is more durable and remains shiny for years.
4. Cleaning Mechanism – Cleaning the clipper blades is one of the most effective maintenance hygiene practices. Hairs and other forms of dirt that get trapped inside the blades can clog the cutting edges and reduce the motor efficiency. A clipper with a cleaning station helps in cleaning and sanitizing blades with only a turn of the switch.
5. Versatility – A quality clipper should give the convenience to shave under dry and wet conditions. These models are waterproof allowing you to shave while showering without damaging the gadget.
It is important to compare the prices and the additional attachments for different models. A warranty also offers confidence that the model you are about to purchase is of high quality and confirms that the manufacturer is willing to replace the clipper or refund money in case the opposite is true. For tips regarding hair trimming and hair clippers, kindly visit hairclippersclub.com