This year I decided to add a more personal touch to my gift wrapping – I used to do this often years ago, back when I had more free time and more energy. It was worth making the effort as I had what I thought was a good idea. Most of the items can be inexpensive and the ones that aren’t, you can reuse several times, like the stamps and their ink pads. I picked the colour scheme and that the theme would revolve around candy canes, so I got to work, gathering all the items.
What you will need :
- Kraft paper (can be bought in stationery sections of supermarkets, pound shops, etc).
- Twine (I got mine from Ebay here – there’s a few more colours available, if you fancy a different theme).
- Stamps (I found a set of 4 for 99p plus postage on Ebay. Although they are not particularly festive, it can pass as such, imo, plus I can always use them all year round).
- Stamp ink pads (possibly the most expensive items I got, purchased from Ryman).
- Candy Canes (I got them in 2 different sizes, the big ones in boxes of 12 and the smaller ones in boxes of 36, each box for £1 at Poundland).
So I got to work, happily stamping away.
After I was happy with the area I covered in stamps, I cut out the section of paper I needed and wrapped a gift:
Ta Da! Simple and relatively inexpensive. I rather like the way it turned out. How about you?