We are well into the first week of the year now but as I have been busy travelling for the past two weeks, doing this kind of post right now will have to do.
2016 is a year when a lot of things will have to change, both in my life and the blog, but I’ll focus mostly on the blog on here – because also, who cares about personal stuff, right? I love my blog and I want it to be even better, both for me and anyone who actually bothers reading it. I am afraid that sometimes it can become a bit of a chore so to avoid getting into that pitfall, I decided I had to think about why I am doing it.
I wrote down a few ideas and bullet points of themes and ideas that I like about blogging and should be focusing on:
- taking photos
- learning photography/improving it
- turning a potentially bland subject into something interesting
- visiting new places / travel
- satisfying my curiosity about the world in general and showing it through my point of view
- putting outfits together
- the creepy and the beautifully macabre
- artists and other creative people
- meeting interesting people and learning about them
- learning about social media and marketing and the best ways of using it
- attending fun events where I can learn something/ see interesting people
- content curation
- beauty and makeup
- comedy / humour
There could be a lot more but these are a good start. I will print this list out and stick it to my wall/ keep it in my notebook so next time I am planning content, I’ll have to ask myself “How does this fit into my list”?
So here it is. A list to keep me focused but not bored. A list to keep me focused on the things that I enjoy and that make my blog mine and not anyone else’s. There’s too much generic drivel out there already, at least I’ll be publishing my own personal drivel! (I jest, I try to make it as interesting for you as it is for me).
I would also like to know: as a reader, what would you like to see more of this year?