January has to be one of the worst months in the calendar. The post Christmas depression with all the lights and colour (and the money) gone, is just dreadful. I made a list of nice things that help me go through it. I hope you like it!
- Book a holiday somewhere sunny (going to Morocco did wonders for my SAD).
- Snuggle up with comfy pjs and a cup of hot spicy Mexican cocoa.
- Organize a clothes swap with friends/ bloggers. It’s so much fun and will leave your bank account alone after all the Xmas spending.
- Start the year with a whole new wardrobe by organizing and streamlining it.
- Do some DIY. Nothing like making something with your own hands for a nice sense of accomplishment. Also valid for finishing those projects you’ve left unfinished all those months ago. (check out my bejeweled jumper and my studded denim jacket for some inspiration)
- Watch vintage films online for free and get some serious style inspiration.
- Wear something colourful.
- Quit drinking for the month of January. I joined Dryathlon, to raise money for Cancer Research. Please donate generously on my donation page here.
- Go out for a walk for a bit of fresh air and some exercise. Bonus points if you take your camera and snap up anything that catches your eye.
- Organize a Twister party at home.
- Take up embroidery – it has a surprisingly calming effect.
How about you? what are your tricks? I want to hear all about them!