I’m still catching up with my blogging – this happened a few weeks ago already, but it was such a nice event that I can’t keep it out of the blog. Debenhams, as always, put together a great evening full of beauty, bloggers and a cool place!
We were invited to head down to Mahiki – a cool tiki bar over at Dover Street, in Central London – for treatments, drinks and some festive cheer. Scroll to the bottom of the post if you want to go straight to the nice products I got to try.
Some rich and beautiful lipstick, lipgloss and eyeshadow colours by Yves Saint Laurent.
The venue was packed and I got to see a few familiar faces and try out some new products and treatments. My favourite? Might be a bit of a novelty but definitely, it was the Nails Inc nail polish in a spray can.
How does it work? See for yourself as I did a short video for Instagram:
The latest Marc Jacobs fragrance smells deliciously of plums. Yum!
We all brought home some goodies and samples to try. These are some of my faves:
- theBalm NUDE’tude eye shadow palette, – a lovely selection of shades and some of the cutest retro inspired packaging I’ve ever seen. Look at the pinup ladies, wa wa wee wa!
- Melted Metal by Too Faced – liquified metallic lipstick in “Dream House” pink.
- Rituals Yogi Flow Shower gel – in Indian Rose & Sweet Almond Oil from the Ayurveda collection.
- Trilogy Mineral Radiance Mask – with rosehip, kaolin clay and pohutukawa. This is a mud mask but with the added benefits of the pohutukawa tree and rosehip, which make it a lot less drying on the skinthan the usual clay masks. It has been lauded as one of those miracle products and I have been using it regularly.
- Urban Decay Matte Revolution lipstick in Matte Bad Blood and the All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray. What can I say? Matte lipsticks are a popular trend and Urban Decay does it very well, with colours that are rich and gorgeous. The Makeup Setting Spray I had already used before and it was nice to get a replacement.
- Essie Nail Polish – One of my favourite brands, with a wide range of colour options. The shade I was given to try was “Cocktails & Coconuts“, a beautiful neutral/ nude shade. I am known for bright colours sometimes but I have lately been enjoying some more muted hues and this one looks beautiful on the nails.
- the Balm’s Mary-Lou Manizer – a multi-purpose illuminating golden powder, to be used as a shadow, highlighter, and shimmer. This is the type of product that you want to take away with you in your purse, as it saves you from carrying too many things all at once. Once again, the packaging features a sexy vintage vixen that can only get one inspired to look their best.
- Burt’s Bees Lip Balm – A brand that I got used to seeing a lot in American supermarkets every time I visited but never got around to trying out. I’ve always heard nice things about it and I did like the lipbalm- it’s creamy and didn’t dry my lips.
- Make Up Forever Smoky Extravaganza Mascara – Whenever I hear the word Extravaganza I can’t help but think of RuPaul’s Drag Race. I’ve sung the praises of this mascara before and I shall continue doing so as it is one of my favourites ever.
- Assorted Benefit product samples – a few little samples go a long way, especially when you’re travelling. I’m quite excited to take these along with me on my next holiday as Benefit products are great quality, in my opinion.
All in all, a fun event and some great stuff that I got to bring home and try out. Thank you, Debenhams!
PS: the products displayed have been provided as samples, words and opinions are my own.